Directorate of Quality Assurance, Standards, Skill Development and Coordination - OPM
Directorate of Quality Assurance
This directorate is responsible for the following:
- To establish and enforce standards and practices across GRN for consistency and alignment of efforts in e-Government project implementation and practices.
- To work with OMAs and the department of Public Administration for their Business Process Re-Engineering initiatives and provide guidance for the definition of their projects in line with the eGSAP. Implementation assistance will be provided to OMAs in the form of guidance, project reviews and audit for quality assurance and compliance.
- To carry out e-Readiness assessment within the Public Sector for e-government and carry out assessment of training needs, coordinating programs geared towards skills development and capacity building of government officials to be able to partake in the rendering services online and collaborate among themselves. Capacity building programs will also be defined for ICT resources of OMAs to ensure capacity for sustainability of Information Systems across government.
- Promotion of e-Government within Namibia and collaborative efforts for inter-governmental exchange programs.
- To provide inputs for legal frameworks to support e-government practices.